#StopLine3 Water Protectors Need Our Help. Right Now.
Government once again resorts
to unethical, if not illegal, tactics.
Click the image to watch the video.
Water protectors are protesting the construction of yet another tar sands pipeline, and the government is once again resorting to strong-arm tactics to disperse the protestors.
It’s #NoDAPL in late 2016 and early 2017 in North Dakota all over again, but this time it’s #StopLine3 2021 in northern Minnesota.
The government and its militarized representatives are doing some unconscionable things to discourage StopLine3 protesters; they have been for months. This video from The Damage Report (see the featured image at the top of this post), and this one from Evan Frost, reveal only the latest.
While the StopLine3 protests have been going on for quite some time, things have been heating up over the past few days with the Treaty People Gathering that convened over the weekend. It brought together hundreds of water protectors at the site in Hubbard County, Minn., which is just south of the Mississippi River’s headwaters in Itasca State Park.
The situation is boiling, and the StopLine3 water protectors need our help. Please click on the links at the bottom of this post for specific actions you can take.
Remember, this isn’t just about protecting waters in northern Minnesota. It’s about protecting waters from the top of the USA all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico, stopping the flow of the world’s dirtiest fossil fuels and minimizing additional emissions into the atmosphere, i.e., combatting climate change.
It’s also not just about U.S. citizens, but citizens of Earth. And last, but certainly not least, it’s about honoring treaties with Native American tribes.
There has been an abundance of great reporting on what’s happening, so we won’t repeat it here. But, please, if you aren’t familiar with what’s going on, check out these sites and reports:
- “Line 3 foes in northern MN block road, chain themselves to equipment” – Minnesota Public Radio
- “DHS helicopter sand-blasts indigenous pipeline protestors” – Heated.World
- “Water Protectors Intensify Campaign to Shut Down Line 3 Oil Pipeline” – Sierra
- “The Line 3 pipeline protests are about much more than climate change” – Grist
Here’s What You Can Do To Help #StopLine3
- Join the water protectors on site.
- Sign the petition to President Joseph Biden.
- Donate directly to the frontlines.
- Donate to Honor the Earth.
- Donate to the legal defense fund.
- Call President Biden at 888-724-8946 with 350.org.
- Call and email U.S. senators and representatives.
- Call and email Minnesota Governor Tim Walz.
Educate yourself. Take action. Support the water protectors. #StopLine3. Please.